Comedy Studies is wonderful and I've met a great group of people. Not to mention all my teachers, some who I were unsure of at first, but now am getting used to. One of my teachers dated Stephen Colbert and knows Tina Fey! Another one of mine partied with Chris Farley during his SNL days! It's surreal the number of comedy legends my teachers personally know, the connections they have...My class zone outs usually include me trying to grasp the fact that I am studying with such comedy big shots.
So far I've written my very first sketch, created a "Pro-Life" Barbie (complete with fetus and Bible), and tapped into my inner clown (yes, I am going to school to learn clowning!). Thursday we watched sketches and talked about why they were funny.
"HOW IS THIS SCHOOL??!!!" I scream frequently from rooftops.
Anyway, I just stopped by to spew out this past summer's reading list. Keep 'em in mind for next summer, or perhaps for your next trip to the library.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (feature post here)
- The Fallback Plan by Leigh Stein
- A View From the Bridge & The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres
- Don't Kill the Birthday Girl by Sandra Beasley
- The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer
- The Long Goodbye by Megan O'Rourke (read more about here)
- Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah
- Glaciers by Alexis M. Smith.
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Feel free to share some awesome books you read this summer as well.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend and have a great week!